Sunday, November 11, 2007

I've been tagged by Shaneen

Alright. I've been tagged. I've been putting it off but I'll get it out of the way.
The rules: A. Post this at the beginning of your TAGGED blog posting. B. Then Each player lists 6 facts/habits about themselves on their blog. C. At the end of the post, the player then tags 6 new people and posts their names, then goes to their blogs and leaves them a comment, letting them know that they have been tagged and asking them to read your blog.

1. Let's see. I love trying new things. As a child I took almost every kind of lesson I could: Gymnastics, dance, swimming, piano (briefly). As a teenager- I jumped around even more- diving, synchro swimming, gymnastics in high school, cheerleading jr. high through college. Still I try new sports, hobbies, skills. I get bored easily and love the challenge.

2. I read about 5 books at a time. Probably related to my lack of focus (see #1). I book mark them and read whatever I'm in the mood for. I usually have 2 non-fiction ones going. Several novels, a child's chapter book just above Jena's level so when she reads we can talk about it, maybe a church book, parenting, or some other self improvement book. It's what I love. By the way I only became a reader near graduating from college so there is hope for those non-reading children out there.

3. The older I get the more I love having friends that are different from me. Older, younger, different experience, different opinions. It challenges me. As a child/teen I loved my friends to be more like me- but I'm loving the growth I get from having friends that don't think and do like I do. Of course I still really enjoy being understood, so I need some close ones that "get me". You know who you are.

4. I LOVE to teach. Mostly children. And it doesn't matter what I'm teaching: dance, tumbling, cheer, reading, roses, animals, hair, whatever. I just really enjoy teaching. I also really enjoy learning. The process is fun for me, if I can just keep my mouth long enough to learn from others. Believe it or not I really try to not talk a lot and listen, but it doesn't work out that way too often.

5. I think too much. I overanalyze and it gets me into trouble. If anyone has a solution to this please feel free to share.

6. I think I am really lucky to have married that man I married. I don't know if you would know that unless you know me well, but at least daily I think of how grateful I am for Troy and his tenderness, faithfulness, loyalty, hard work ethic, natural fathering abilities, the way he loves me so much, his job, his testimony, his lack of judging others, his untolerance of me talking about others, his ability to listen, his arms wrapping around me and melting away all the hard stuff in life. I am really blessed to have him so crazy to have fallen for me and keep falling for me. Shhhhh don't tell him.

OKAY TAGGING TIME (ha ha ha... it's easier than you think):
I tag Cara, Mindy, Rachelle, Melanie, Shannon, and Tassi!!! And if I didn't tag you, just wait I bet it comes around so be thinking...

2 comments:

Rachelle said...

I'll have to read teh instructions so I can do it. :)
Your pics are so cute.
Loved reading about you. xo

Cara @ Gardenview Cottage said...

I love all of your things. I learned some new things about you. I also love the pictures of Zack and the pics of the boys and their dogs. SOOOOOO cute!