Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Political opinions: Who me?

There is a bill that our senate will be voting on called Senate Bill 1738—The PROTECT Our Children Act. It provides funds to support more police enforcement specifically saving these kids. Oprah did a show yesterday on it. I'm not even a huge fan of Oprah, but glad I saw enough to put me to action.

There is a overwhelming dark force spreading on the internet of sexual abuse (teen, child and even infants). It's growing at a offensive pace. I can't change this, and I can't protect my own children from it since I am not with them every minute. But I can at least email, call and/or mail my seators about this bill. Please do the same! Here is an easy way through Oprah's website (it has your senators' contact info).
http://www.oprah.com/article/oprahshow/20080911_tows_predators

1 comment:

Rachelle said...

This is soooo sick and sad -- but the world has come to this and we need to take action. Thanks for the link!