Monday, January 22, 2007

Mondays

What I love about Mondays is that all the kids lessons on crammed onto one day. I don't have to worry about it the rest of the week. But it leaves one check-out mom by Monday evening. FHE? I've been with my family (minus my shift relieving husband) all day. Do I want to try and get them to listen to a nice lesson, or play a game, or even make dinner? Nooooooo. I want to crawl into my bed after a long bath (if I had a jacuzzi bathtub) and either read a good book or go to bed. So I'm checking out a different way on my computer. It feel pretty good. I think I need to invest in a good pair of earplugs.

On a good note I did sandwhich in my 4.5 mile run in between two lessons. I left Jena taking piano, boys to my Moms, and ran while Ella was a singing group. I ran for 45 minutes. Crisp air in my lungs..doesn't get much better! I jogged up as Ella came out, jumped in the car to get Jena to her singing group, headed over to my mom's to get the boys (thanks mom) and back to pick up Jena after her class was over. It felt great to get that run in! Mesa Arts Center (where I ran around) is absolutely beautiful, inspiring, and innovative! Downtown Mesa is a great place to run- I'll take the shin splits from the sidewalks just to be distracted at so much visual art. The shops, architecture (new and old), the statues, the PEOPLE! :) It was great.

1 comment:

Cara @ Gardenview Cottage said...

Crystal, I was in downtown Mesa this weekend and I love it too! They have so many new places to see and shop. It was raining and cold and grey and it made Old Town seem even prettier!

So.....are you going to start on the blogging bandwagon? I will send you a link that I think might get you going! I was so happy to see your post! (because I check quite often) I'll have to keep checking back. Come out of the closet and give up those e-mails!!!! Love Cara p.s. I wish I had my jacuzzi tub too!!! AAHHH